Thursday 5 October 2017

Omnipotence Delusion

On one of the other sites where I post my works, I was recently contacted by someone purporting to be a 38 year old woman, a Chinese with an eleven year old daughter.

Nothing major in this - after all, plenty of women my age or younger have daughters in college or younger, and many of them ladies are looking to someone to have a chat with and, if things go well, maybe something more than just chat.

I tried to ask my usual "photo with a named sheet in hand", and this person effectively sent me a photo of a woman of that age with a piece of paper with written "Ciao, _DB" in hand. Kind of like this shot.

What do you mean, with
"modesty is not your forte" ?
So, if it was not a woman, at least it was someone who could get a woman to play a bit - quite innocently, though - on their behalf.

Of course, the first greeting of moms looking for doms usually is "No, the kid ain't part of the deal, creepo" - usually uttered before the very initial exchange of salutations. This time, alas, was not the case.

Alas because, clearly, while the "I will rip out your guts if you ever squint at my daughter that way" is excessive (in most cases), it is also oddly reassuring.

It feels real, for a certain way of seeing the world. Whereas the other way around feels... more than slightly unreal.

We chatted for a long while, during which I tried to convince this "mom" that, if the daughter was ever to choose the way of the submissive - as "mommy" hoped [?] - it needed to be by her own - of the daughter, I mean - choice, on her own time schedule, and with no undue influences from the adults around her, no matter how well intending said adult is.

Also that, as a 12th birthday's gifts, a set of gauge 10 nipple rings were kind of a bit excessive... probably, they are excessive even for a 15th or a 17th birthday, depending on the jurisdiction - but, if one needs the legalese to know that, it ain't really much of an ethical slut.

As "she" kept on trying to derive the discourse in that direction, I grew wary... was this some scam I do not know anything about yet?

Was "she" hoping to collect enough personal information to identify me, and proofs of some ideological crime to blackmail me with?

It was quite a bad sensation.

In the end, I tired and said her to fuck-off.

(kind of gently, I accused "her" of being a Montana redneck, without using foul language...).

Yet, I feel a bit bad, about it all.

If "she" was yet another of the ever growing, never resting tribe of the scammers, using an unsuspecting waitress at their dinner and some internet-stolen material to flesh out a good back-story (ahem, that's something I WOULD do, if that was my job... so, the guy would just have been another fantasist in my league), then it would not mean much.

We`d just danced the ballet of scammer and not-scammed, and went each one his way.

But if, for once, against all laws of probability and everything that I know about human nature, it really was the woman that "she" affirmed to be, then I let the little one down.

Then, if in three months time the daughter will find herself with a couple of pendants in all the wrong places... it will also be a tiny bit my fault, because I didn't try hard enough, and as I feared to keep contact and broken off, I did not manage to change her mom's idea.



Of course, the likeliest probability is that it was some scammer or, really, some bored whatever with too much time on hir hands.

On the other side, if it was real, what could I do?

As my psychologist pointed me out a couple of hours ago, it is not like my words over a chat relay were going to change anybody's mind, Japan is on the other side of the planet (and, by a couple of clues I saw, I'd say whoever it was was also using TOR, probably in a TAIL OS), so this guilt trip of mines doubles also as an omnipotence delusion.  

Damn - I hate being reminded that I am not really a god, yet. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to point me out conceptual, orthographical, grammatical, syntactical or usage's errors, as well as anything else